What is involved in the application process?
The basic application process includes completing our online application and paperwork, interviewing with a recruiter, and completing skills assessments. Depending on the job opening, additional screenings such as background checks, drug screens or credit checks may also be required prior to placement.
How soon can I start working?
Job availability changes on a daily basis. Once your application process is complete, you will be considered based on your preferences and your skills, and will be offered appropriate positions. If your skills are highly specialized or your preferences are highly specific, this may extend the amount of time it takes to find a position that meets your needs.
How often should I contact your office after I interview with you?
Once you have registered with us, you are able to update your availability through our online talent portal. You may also call our office and speak to a team member or leave a voicemail after-hours. Emailing your recruiter directly is also an option. We suggest checking in once per week, or whenever your availability, interest, preferences or requirements change significantly.
How can I stay informed about open positions?
Many of our positions are listed on our website. We also send out a Jobs Now Newsletter email every two weeks or so. To receive this newsletter, click here. When you register with us, you will also receive periodic emails and texts regarding open jobs. These are general job updates sent to all active candidates. Remember, if you are not a fit for a specific job opening, you can still earn referral bonuses by referring candidates. You may opt-out of communication from Advent at any time.
How often am I paid?
Advent pays temporary employees on a weekly basis, and offers both check card and direct deposit options. Employees are paid every Friday following the week that they work.
What are the requirements for referral bonuses?
The basic terms of our Referral Program are as follows:
- Referral bonus amounts may differ based on the job opening. When there isn’t a specific referral bonus associated with an opening, the standard referral bonus will apply.
- A person will be paid only one referral bonus per candidate referred, but there is no limit on the number of candidates a person can refer.
- Temporary referrals must work a minimum of 80 hours to qualify for the referral bonus.
- For permanent placements, referral bonuses will be paid after the guarantee period of the placement has been fulfilled.
- Company referral bonus: Bonus is distributed for new client referrals after an invoice of 80 hours or more has been paid by the new client organization to Advent Group for staffing services rendered.
*Advent reserves the right to change, modify or terminate this plan at any time.